Monday, October 27, 2008

Big Girl & Big Boy

This evening was a very monumental evening for us. As I was getting the kids bath ready, I noticed Cameron had an odd look on his face. It hit me - he has to go potty. I quickly took him to the restroom and sat him on the potty. He squinted his eyes and gave me "the look". I sat down and kept telling him over and over, "it's ok, go potty" - and then it HAPPENED. Our little boy went big potty for the first time. I even got him to bend over and hike his hiney up in the air so I could wipe. Kenny wouldn't let me take a picture so I hope you just take my word. I don't think I would really want to post THAT picture.

Then, after Gracie was dressed, she sat on the bed and said, I can comb my hair by myself. If you haven't seen Gracie in awhile, her hair comes down to her waist. She sat there and brushed and brushed and brushed. I just watched her in total awe. She's growing up!

I thank the Lord each day for such wonderful children he has given us and am in complete awe of them each day.

No comments: