Thursday, September 8, 2011

Gracie, Gracie, Gracie

Today, I wasn't able to go to the school because the Department of Public Safety told me I needed to go visit their office ALL day. This is my conversation with Gracie when I picked her up.

Me: Hi Gracie, how was your day?
Gracie: Mom, don't give me a snack today.
Me: Why Gracie?
Gracie: Because my stomach is full of regret and embarrassment.
Me: Woah Gracie, what are you talking about?
Gracie: We didn't get a smily face in class today because of those two naughty boys.

Note: Gracie has 2 friends that like to chat quite a bit.

Me: Well Gracie, sometimes when the noise level gets really out of control, the teacher has no choice other than to punish the entire class.
Gracie: I know, that's why I am full of regret and embarrasment.
Me: But why Gracie? If you didn't do anything, you shouldn't feel that way.
Gracie: Well, I am just embarrassed by their behavior. How hard is it to do what your teacher says?
Me: Well Gracie, it's not as easy for others
Gracie: That doesn't make sense to me. I will never talk to them or play with them again. They are "RULE BREAKERS".

Wow, was all that was running through my mind as we drove home. She's only in the 2nd grade!

No comments: